November 21, 2022 0:00am to January 20, 2023 0:00am
Insignia is looking to fill an opening for a Lead Field Biologist, who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. Responsibilities include biological fieldwork, protocol-level surveys for special status species, for project territories that extend throughout the state of Arizona and southern New Mexico. The Lead Field Biologist will also be responsible for conducting pre-activity survey reports, biological surveys, habitat assessments, vegetation surveys, sensitive species surveys, and conducting wetlands/waters mapping. This position is full time and can require working up to 12 hours per day, 5 to 6 days per week for 3 months or more, beginning February 2023.
• Conduct biological field surveys, including biological resource assessments, special-status species surveys, vegetation mapping, and wetland delineations.
• Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including the collection of spatial data.
• Accurately record field data and observations via standard digital field recording devices.
• Prepare daily reports, inclusive of photographs documenting biological resources of interest.
• Accurately identify the presence of potential impacts to sensitive species.
• Other tasks as assigned.