August 16, 2022 0:00am to September 15, 2022 0:00am
As Conservation Director, you will manage ongoing restoration and conservation projects, as well as develop new projects that align with your interests and skillset. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute an overall vision for EDI to help conserve biodiversity in San Diego County.
• Provide vision and direction for EDI’s conservation department.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of EDI’s conservation projects.
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders and community partners, including federal, state, and private land managers, donor organizations, and other nonprofit organizations.
• Work closely with EDI’s Education Director to ensure student restoration activities are implemented effectively.
• Work closely with land management agency partners to coordinate and lead volunteer and outreach activities on conserved lands.
• Engage the public in conservation by leading iNaturalist training events, nature hikes, and interpretive events.
• Oversee EDI’s annual native plant sale.
• Recruit, train and supervise support staff, interns, and volunteers.
• Stay abreast of current best practices for recovering and conserving native ecosystems, and species.
• Ensure the safety of staff and volunteers by maintaining comprehensive risk management protocols, and compliance with local and state regulations.
• Work with the executive director to support fundraising efforts through grant and report writing, and occasionally, meeting with donors.
• Develop programming budgets and projections.
• Represent Earth Discovery Institute during stakeholder meetings, and occasionally, with the press.
For more information, please visit the website: https://earthdiscovery.org/Employment