The GIS Technician works under the supervision of the GIS Specialist and is tasked with assisting in maintaining the Tribe’s GIS program. Collects, maintains, distributes and fulfills requests for GIS data and maps from tribal departments and tribal members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists the GIS Specialist in fulfilling GIS data and map requests.
• Maintains existing GIS data; feature classes, associated tables and geodatabases.
• Creates new GIS data/datasets as needed through various methods such as manual data entry / georeferencing / digitizing from paper records, AutoCAD drawing conversion
• Performs fieldwork; collects GPS data, verifies GIS data and collects other data as needed.
• Maintains data integrity through data verification, quality assurance and quality control.
• Scans and organizes paper records / digital records.
• Participates in maintaining the Tribe’s Enterprise Geodatabase and GIS Web Portal.
• Migrates created data into the Tribes Enterprise Geodatabase for use by Tribal departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please see attached job announcement for more information.
Starts: April 14, 2022 0:00am
Ends: May 06, 2022 0:00am