July 18, 2019 0:00am to August 18, 2019 0:00am
San Diego Audubon Society (SDAS) seeks a highly motivated individual with experience in volunteer coordination, office administration, and database management to serve as the organization’s Volunteer & Operations Coordinator. If you’re an outgoing person with excellent social and communication skills and also enjoy the challenges of managing an active, volunteer-supported office, we want to hear from you.
Please see the attached job description for more information.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Volunteer Coordination (25%)
● Support SDAS’ volunteer program by identifying volunteer needs and strengthening volunteer involvement in all SDAS programs
● In coordination with other staff, implement best practices for recruiting, training, engaging, and retaining volunteers
● Manage volunteer orientations and match volunteer interests/skills to appropriate programs
● Monitor the current status and future needs of volunteers in all SDAS departments ● Recruit and train volunteers, as requested by each department ● Coordinate, train, develop, and support ongoing recruitment of office volunteers and directly supervise volunteers working on office tasks
● Organize annual volunteer appreciation events
● Maintain volunteer and potential volunteer records in the constituent database
● Promote volunteer opportunities and celebrate volunteer accomplishments by writing periodic articles in our Sketches publication and content for the SDAS website and enewsletter
Operations Coordination (20%)
● Maintain office calendars, including conference room and key resources
● Maintain Office Procedures guide, including reviewing, creating, and revising procedures to improve the functioning of the office for visiting members, donors, staff, and the public
● Manage, troubleshoot, and update office systems, including phone, voicemail, copier/scanner, and